Have you been contemplating getting dental implants, but aren’t sure if they’re the right option for you or not? Dental implants have become increasingly popular in recent years and dental implantation has become one of the most common cosmetic dental procedures. Here are some things to know about dental implants as well as some information to help you determine if you would be a good candidate for dental implants or not: Cosmetic Dentistry in New Richmond WI
What To Know About Dental Implants
There are many advantages to getting dental implants and many reasons why more and more people have been opting to get dental implants in recent years. Here are some things to know about dental implants:
- Dental implants are better and more effective than dentures or dental bridges.
- Dental implants are a long-lasting and long-term teeth replacement option.
- Dental implants are essentially pain-free and require little to no healing time.
- Dental implants look, feel, and function just like real teeth.
- Dental implants are surprisingly more affordable than you think.
Are You A Good Candidate For Dental Implants?
For those who are interested in getting dental implants, it’s also important to make sure that you are a good candidate for implants first before you do anything else. Here are some of the things to consider when determining if dental implants are an option for you:
- You must have good oral health in order to get dental implants.
- You must be healthy overall in order to get dental implants.
- You must have a strong jaw bone in order to get dental implants.
- Patients will smaller or shallower jaws may not be good candidates for dental implants.
- Patients who have gum disease or gum recession may not be good candidates for dental implants.
- Senior patients who are not able to undergo surgery may not be good candidates.
For more information, feel free to contact Stillwater Family Dental today.