Have you been contemplating getting Invisalign braces, but you aren’t sure if they are an ideal option for you or not? There are pros and cons to all types of orthodontic treatments, and Invisalign is no exception. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of Invisalign to know: Cosmetic Dentistry New Richmond Wisconsin
Pros of Invisalign:
Invisalign is a great orthodontic alternative to traditional braces seeing as they can straighten your teeth without any wire or brackets involved. There are many advantages to getting Invisalign braces rather than traditional braces–here are just some of them:
- You will feel more confident in your appearance.
- They’re more comfortable.
- They can be removed whenever needed.
- They’re convenient.
- They require very little maintenance.
- They don’t hinder your ability to brush or floss properly.
Cons of Invisalign:
Like traditional braces, there are also some minor disadvantages to Invisalign as well that may make some people feel like Invisalign isn’t the most suitable orthodontic option for them. Here are some of the cons of getting Invisalign braces to consider as well:
- They only really work for people who need mild to moderate corrections.
- They require strong self-discipline since they must be worn for 22 hours per day.
- They can be expensive.
- They can cause discomfort.
To learn more about Invisalign, don’t hesitate to contact us today.