The New Year has finally arrived, which means that it’s time to make some New Year’s resolutions. One New Year’s resolution that you may want to consider making this year is improving your oral health. Here are some teeth brushing habits that you may want to start doing this year in 2021: Dentists Lake Elmo MN
Why Are Good Teeth Brushing Habits Important?
Brushing your teeth is essential for maintaining good oral hygiene and health. Teeth brushing not only helps to remove plaque and tartar from your teeth and prevent cavities, but it also helps to keep your gums healthy and prevent gingivitis and other gum-related issues and diseases from occurring. However, when you have bad teeth brushing habits, then you will have a harder time maintaining a healthy smile.
Teeth Brushing Habits To Start This Year
For the New Year, it’s a good idea to try and correct any bad teeth brushing habits you may have and start forming good ones so that you can keep your teeth and gums clean and healthy. Here are some 2021 teeth brushing habits to consider forming this year:
- Brush your teeth for at least 2 minutes.
- Wait at least an hour before brushing your teeth after you’ve eaten or drank something.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush, not a hard-bristled toothbrush.
- Brush your teeth gently.
- Store your toothbrush properly so that germs and bacteria don’t grow on it.
- Brush using the proper teeth-brushing techniques and with a proper toothbrush.