Do you suffer from dental anxiety? If so, then you’re not alone. Many children, adolescents, and adults suffer from dental anxiety, and many people’s anxieties have only worsened due to the recent COVID-19 pandemic. Here is some information on what both you and your dentist can do in order to help lessen your anxiety and make your trips to the dentist safe and comfortable for you: Dentists Near West Lakeland MN
What Your Dentist Can Do
Due to the fact that dental anxiety is incredibly common among dental patients, dentists are trained to deal with patients and to do things that can help ease their anxiety. Some of the things your dentist and local dental clinic can do to help ease your anxiety about dental procedures and the pandemic include (but are not limited to):
- Providing detailed information beforehand about certain dental procedures and what all they entail, as well as information on what they are doing to help keep you safe during the procedures.
- Dental professionals can walk you through certain procedures and show you exactly what tools they will be using and when and what to expect, as well as what they will be doing to disinfect their tools and to prevent any kind of contact that could put you at risk to contract the virus.
- Dental sedation is always an option for patients who experience major anxiety during certain types of dental procedures and they can help make the experience more comfortable for you.
What You Can Do
While your dentist and other dental care workers have things they can do to help ease your anxiety about going to the dentist, there are also some things that you can do as well. Some of the things you can do to help ease your anxiety include (but are not limited to):
- Talk to your dentist or hygienist and explain your concerns and fears.
- Make sure you’re wearing a mask and are following proper sanitation and social distancing measures in order to keep yourself and others safe.
- Plan ahead and find out everything you need to know before your appointment.
- Educate yourself on how the COVID-19 virus spreads and what you can do to keep yourself space in public places.
- Inquire about what kinds of safety and precautionary measures your local dental clinic is taking to keep you and others safe during this time.
To learn more about our services or what types of safety precautions we are taking, don’t hesitate to contact us today.