Have you been thinking about getting your teeth straightened, but aren’t sure if you should invest in braces or Invisalign to help you straighten your teeth? While there are certainly pros and cons to both choices, Invisalign has gradually become more popular over the years due to the many advantages it offers over braces. Here is some information as to what Invisalign is and how it works, as well as the advantages of Invisalign over traditional braces: Invisalign in Stillwater MN
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an orthodontic device that consists of the use of clear aligners which are used to straighten patients’ teeth gradually over time. Depending on the extent that your teeth need to be straightened, most Invisalign patients are given 10 to 40 aligners to change out every week. These aligners will gradually straighten your teeth and adjust your bite, while all the while remaining invisible. For more information on how Invisalign works and whether or not it would be a good option for you, feel free to contact your local Stillwater dentists at Stillwater Family Dental today.
Benefits of Invisalign:
Invisalign has gradually become a popular orthodontic option for many dental patients due to the many benefits it offers. Here are some of the many benefits that Invisalign offers over traditional braces:
- They are more aesthetically-pleasing because they are clear and can’t generally be seen.
- It’s easier to maintain them and good oral hygiene with them.
- There are no age restrictions for Invisalign.
- They are more comfortable and can be removed whenever necessary.
- They straighten your teeth faster than traditional braces.
- They are safer than regular braces because you don’t have to worry about glue or metal negatively impacting your teeth or gums during the straightening process.