Are you looking for a quality dentist for your child? If so, then you will need to look for a good pediatric dentist in your area who can offer dental services and perform dental procedures for your child. Here is some information on what pediatric dentistry is and some of the services a pediatric dentist can offer your child: Pediatric Dentists Near Stillwater MN
What Is Pediatric Dentistry?
Pediatric dentistry refers to a branch of dentistry that is concerned with helping to maintain the oral health of children starting from infancy up until their teen years. Dentists who are trained in pediatric dentistry have specialized training and experience when it comes working with the teeth, gums, and mouth of a child throughout their childhood. The types of schooling and training a trained and licensed pediatric dentist include:
- 4 years in dental school
- 2 years of training in the field of dentistry concerned with all infants, children, teens, and children who have special needs
Since pediatric dentists have additional training and experience in working with babies, child, and adolescents, they know how to work with them and provide dental services to them.
What Can A Pediatric Dentist Do?
One of the questions that some people wonder with regards to pediatric dentists is: what can they do for younger patients? Some of the things a pediatric dentist can do include (but are not limited to):
- Oral health exams for infants.
- Preventive dental care for children and adolescents. This can include regular dental cleanings and exams, fluoride treatments, etc.
- Treatment for oral injuries.
- Management of gum diseases and other types of oral/medical conditions.
- Assessments and treatments aimed at correcting improper bites and teeth straightening.
- Treating cavities or repairing tooth defects.
- Monitoring and diagnosing oral conditions related to diseases such as hyperactivity disorder, attention deficit disorder, congenital heart defect, hay fever, diabetes, and asthma.